Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ellie-isms

Some of the things my 4 year old daughter says just crack me up. I need to record more of them, as my silly brain forgets these verbal delights almost as soon as they happen. Here are two I remember from the past week:


Yesterday I noted on Facebook that she doesn't pronounce her r's very fully, which sometimes leads to interesting misunderstandings. That morning, for example, I heard her say, "Don't cwoss that bitch!" I was thinking, she's got that right, I'm not one to mess with, when I realized she meant "bridge." Glad to know her vocabulary has not yet expanded where I'm not ready for it to go.


A few days before that, I mentioned I had had a very bad dream in which daddy decided he didn't want to be married to me anymore. Ellie thought about this for a while and then said, "So he didn't live in the same house wid you?" I said, "Nope." She thought some more and sadly said, "So he didn't kissth you?" The girl has the essence of marriage down already, doesn't she? 

1 comment:

  1. You should like up to tiny talk tuesday, they do a weekly blog carnival where you post funny things your kids have said. I am sure they would get a kick out of the "bitch".

    ReplyDelete