Thursday, August 27, 2009

Painting From the Inside Out

So today I have the urge to paint. Mind you, I don't have the time (with a preschooler to keep tabs on), or really much skill. But I want to paint. I don't like how most of the walls in my home show significant wear, dirt, smearing, just smudging dirt. I want everything clean and nice again.

Come to think of it, I want the same for me. I'd like to paint over the cracks and damage marks in myself. I want to be whole and pristine again, with all evidence of imperfection well-covered. I guess life doesn't work that way. I guess what I really need to do is empty out the closet and start over. Haul all those character defects off to Good Will, be willing to get rid of certain habits and patterns - especially thought patterns.

So this is my metaphor for today. It's O.K. to pick a different color. But you've got to do the primer first.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting :) For some weird reason, even though I subscribed to both your blogs eons ago, Google Reader hasn't been sending me your feed. So I had to go back and read your archives and catch up!

    I noticed your mention of receiving your PCOS diagnosis. I'm a PCOS-er also! Welcome to the Not-Fun Club :) I've been dx since 2006 and on met since Judah was born. I'm one of the lucky ones without major side effects (don't hate me, so I don't really have any help for you there. Except to say that the only time I do actually have issues is when I eat greasy foods. If I stay away from the fried stuff, I do ok. But everyone's system responds so differently to that stuff, it's hard to know if that would help you at all.

    I was sad to read of your loss... What birth order was that little one? Both of mine were between Judah and Sofi. Was it due to the PCOS? Do they know?

    I was also sad to read about Jefferson's diagnosis. I guess you remember he was in my Stepping Stones class one year :) He is a sweet little boy and I can imagine it's a hard thing for a mother to bear. I just want to share with you a Scripture that has been of great comfort to me when applied to ALL my children. Those here with me and those with the Lord already.

    "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you," says the LORD. (Jer. 29:11-14)

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete