Saturday, July 24, 2010

Addiction

When I think or talk about addiction, I generally am referring to my struggles with food. I have, however, admitted here before that addiction can also emcompass my relationship with Facebook. Recently I deleted all the games off my main account. A step in the right direction, huh? Except about a week before that, I had reopened a fake account to play games, and now have just shifted all my game playing to that account. So while it make look as if I'm on Facebook less, the truth is it's gotten worse as I've gotten hooked on FrontierVille, Treasure Isle, and Treasure Madness. Most of the time I tell myself not to worry about it - as vices go, this one is fairly minor. Which in some ways is true, but in others not. I don't even want to admit to myself how much time these games suck out of my day. And while I'm not claiming I'd be off running a marathon or solving the issue of world peace in the time I'm giving to the computer, the truth is I'd probably be doing something more edifying (such as reading), or which would at least bring a visible sense of accomplishment (beyond having finished the island, or harvested peanuts).

So I'm torn. I got on here to let anyone reading this blog know that I'm still alive and still have the intention to get back to more frequent posting. Problem is, I have intentions to do an awful lot of things, and most of them never come to fruition.

Stay tuned for the next exciting blog post, in which we discover whether Anne has attacked this Facebook issue, or whether the issue is still attacking her. Meanwhile, can someone come feed my horses?

No comments:

Post a Comment