Friday, April 9, 2010

A Prisoner In His Own House...

We have two cats. As one of them is particularly vociferous, we have taken to shutting them down in the basement at night (they're happy down there - it's finished, and it's where their food and litter are) so that we can all get some sleep.

I have one husband. He is a night owl. He usually does not go to bed until midnight or later, and spends most of the evenings hours in the basement on his computer. 

I have one son. Evidently he heard the loud cat upstairs last night at some point; she must have woken him up. Because he got up, found her, put her down in the basement, and locked the basement door, as we also always do every night. 

Guess what? Yes, you're right - my son accidentally locked his dad down in the basement. Bwah ha ha! Apparently when Brett tried to come up to go to bed, he couldn't. Imagine my surprise when we opened the door for the cats this morning and who should come trudging up the stairs, too, but a very tired, somewhat aggravated-looking husband. He did sleep in the guest bedroom, so it's not like he was in terrible discomfort, but still...

Once I heard what happened, I couldn't help but laugh. Yes, I felt sorry for him - but it was so darn funny!

That'll teach him to stay up late. And not carry his keys in his pocket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment