Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Realignment

An awesome quote from my dear cousin:

"Think of this as a lesson in alignment...you are working to align yourself. You are brilliant, beautiful, clever, compassionate, and fun...now you're making changes to make your outside match that fabulous inside AND by doing so, you will be demonstrating to the world how much you value yourself by caring for your vessel."

Just what I needed to hear this morning. I *am* out of alignment, especially with my own mental picture of my physical self, and my own sense of self-worth. Both are too small. So I'm back to working on it, bringing the physical down to match the mental, and the self-worth up to match the reality. I face a lot of challenges, given my history. That's O.K.

Plus frankly it's funny to think about - I wish I COULD go into a repair shop and say I need a rear end alignment. Well, I guess I could, but that would cost a lot of money and pain. Bwah ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment