Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oompfh

I have no oompfh. No git' up 'n go. I just don't feel like doing anything. And so I'm sitting in front of the screen and my daughter is (happily) watching much more Scooby Doo than she ought to, and I just can't get up the gumption to change this. I'm sure it's at least in part because I'm tired today, but still, this is becoming too much of a habit. I don't want to be oompfh-less. I certainly don't want to teach my daughter to entertain herself via videos. And yet more days than not I find myself saying, "Eh, just for today..." What a LIE to myself!

So, I've gotta figure out how to get my Oompfh back. This is my quest in my 38th year. I need Oompfh. I need to give my children Oompfh. I need to stop letting TV and Facebook and particularly going to bed too darn late steal my energy, make my values fade into the background, and have me leading a zombie-like existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment