Friday, February 26, 2010

Sleep

So I dropped Eleanor off this morning at preschool and immediately wondered what I should do with the 2 hours of free time I had. Should I run to Target and pick up Jeff's prescription? Oh wait, the pharmacy doesn't open until 10:00 a.m. Should I go to Sharp Shopper? Well, I could, but we really don't need anything. Finders Keepers? Same thing, we really don't need anything and I don't want to spend the money. As I'm thinking all of this, I realize I'm yawning. And I realize how I tired I feel. So I decided to go home. I thought, "I could clean the house. Vacuum the living room. Mop the floors." Yes, I could have. But what I did do was take a nap. I grumbled to my husband, who was getting ready to leave for work, that I didn't *want* to take a nap - it felt like I was wasting my free time. On the other hand, I didn't want to be tired and cranky the rest of the day either.

So I took a nap. A nice, glorious nap. Maybe it will keep me awake tonight. Maybe my house will go uncleaned for a little while longer (O.K., no maybe about that one). Maybe it wasn't the best use of my time.

Then again, maybe it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment